I'm new to this forum and i must admit i'm still very confused with the HK edu system! ;( I have been reading up on the past threads over the last few weeks and have sorta shortlisted the following schools for my girl who is due to attend K1 in Sept 2015.
1) Victoria - understand its extremely difficult to get in but this is our first choice due to the close proximity to our home
2) ESF hillside
3) Small World Christian Kindergarten
I have a few more questions which i hope to gather more info on.
1) On average, how many schools should we send our application to? Some locals mentioned they have applied to close to 7-8 schools and only get invited to interviews in 1-2 schools? Is this a norm or an extreme case?
2) Is there any other good affordable bilingual kindergarten (English + putonghua) in the HK Island side? We are looking at tuition fees below 6k per month if thats possible.
3) Is it necessary to enrol into pre-nursery class? My girl (14 months old now) is attending some enrichment classes at the moment and i intend to keep her in there for the next year. Again, i was told by some local that the main reason why they send their children to pre-nursery is to gain automatic entry to K1 and some said my girl wont stand a chance to get an interview without pre-nursery classes experience.
Any views/sharings are much appreciated and sorry if any of the above have been discussed before.