ESF Peak vs Kellett PokFulam Year 5

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2

    ESF Peak vs Kellett PokFulam Year 5

    HiWe are moving to HK in August and I am considering two schools for my daughter that is 9 years old, which are the Peak primary (ESF) and Kellett PokFulam (International). I heard a lot about The Peak school which is a lovely small school but did not hear much about Kellett. The Peak seems very international & firendly while Kellett seemed very expat and not that mixed. I know about the different educations systems and considering this as well. In addition would you know if Kellett kids are more "expat" and are more transient vs kids from esf schools? We would like to have a more permanent feeling for our child vs her friends leaving each year to their home countries.
    Thank you for advise.
    Taya


  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3

    Hi, I happen to visit the Kellett campus in Kowloon Bay last week and here is what I saw - A majority of the students are english - the school claims that 60% of the students are British and the remaining 40% are from 22 other nationalities. This should give you a sense of the mix that Kellett holds. Most teachers that we saw were also English. We are told that a similar constitution exists in the PFL campus as well. The Kowloon Bay campus does have an upmarket feel to it - the campus is also new and seemed very well equipped. You may want to consider this campus as an option in addition to PFL. After Year 6, your daughter will anyways be moved to the KB campus. Hope this helps. I have no information about the Peak School


  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    30

    If you're coming from the UK from a good public school, you will find Kellett very similar.They follow the national curriculum. My experience is from the Senior School and have noticed quite a few kids in my daughter's class have been at Kellett since reception. However, I'm sure a lot of kids have left the school over the years, but I wouldn't say it would be anymore than the Peak School.


  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    20

    I had recommend ESF anyday but you should also consider that your child will need to move to a secondary ESF school post year 6.