From 1 - 30 September 2013, ESF will accept the following applications for the 2014-15 academic year:
Year 1 applications (primary): children born in 2009
Year 7 applications (secondary): children born in 2003.
The applications will be subject to the new ESF admission policy which comes into effect in August 2013. The new admissions assessment process will focus on the actual testing of the childrens English language proficiency, and on verifying the parents commitment to an ESF-style English medium education.
The priority for an interview or assessment under the new policy will be based on the following ranked criteria:
- Children of full-time staff at ESF or ESF Educational Services Limited;
- Siblings of students already attending an ESF primary or secondary school or Jockey Club Sarah Roe School;
- Holders of ESF Nomination Rights*;
- Children of former students who have attended an ESF school for a minimum of three years or are former ESF students returning from a period overseas;
- Other applicants who can benefit from an English-medium education.
Priority placement will continue to be given to children who are attending an ESF International Kindergartens (ESL) in the 2012-13 and 2013-14 academic year. The interview priority will no longer apply from the 2014-15 school year. However, given the ever-increasing demand and limitation of school places available, it is becoming less feasible to provide a meaningful priority for an admissions interview at an ESF primary school according to ESF Chief Executive Officer Heather Du Quesnay, who will soon be stepping aside to make way for the new ESF CEO. Parents are strongly advised to consider applying to schools outside the ESF system when applying for primary schools.
* ESF Nomination Rights Scheme (NRS)
- The NRS cost HK$500,000 for each nomination right and is available for all year groups.
- Only a maximum of 150 nomination rights will be issued every year.
- Purchase of these rights will entitle the holder to third priority for admission and a one time nomination of one child for a place at an ESF school.
- More information on NRS can be found here.